How to sleep well................
- Maintain a regular wake time all the time.
- Try to go to bed only when you are drowsy.
- If you are not drowsy and unable to fall asleep after about 20
minutes, leave your bedroom and engage in a quiet activity
elsewhere. Do not sleep outside your bedroom. Return to bed when,
and only when, you are sleepy. Repeat this process throughout the
night as often as necessary.
- Use your bedroom only for sleep, sex, and times of illness.
- Avoid napping during the day.
- Establish relaxing rituals before sleep. Examples: reading, warm
bath, or a light bedtime snack.
- Mild regular exercise at least four hours prior to bedtime.
- A regular schedule for meals, medications, chores, and other
activities help keep your inner clock running smoothly.
- Avoid large meals before bedtime.
- Avoid caffeine within six hours of bedtime.
- Avoid the use of nicotine close to bedtime or during the night.
- Sleeping pills should be used sparingly.
- When taking sleeping pills, do not drink alcohol.
If you want to
make an appointment, please call the Permian Sleep Center:
(432) 337-6673 (33-SNORE)
Back to Home page
site is © Copyright Permian Sleep Center 2005-2006
All Rights Reserved.